CEPG Inc is a group of coastal and near coastal residents and friends who care about the coast and dunes along the section of Adelaide metropolitan coastline between Grange and Semaphore Park.
We work through education, research and advocacy.
Over the last 25 years, some of the achievements that the CEPG Inc. has accomplished include:
- Facilitation and funding of permanent environmental informational signage at all beach access paths in the CCS area;
- Building of Tennyson Dunes viewing platform and educational signage with other dune care groups and Kiwanis;
- Creation of the first local native coastal plants brochure now re-printed many times;
- Lobbying for retaining beach bins;
- Environmental walk and talk tours;
- Neighbour to neighbour native plant and animal education resulting in large scale weed removal and native plantings;
- Backyard native plant nurseries;
- Monitoring, recording and reporting local coastal flora, fauna and processes;
- Regular community forums with environmental expert speaker;
- Researching, evaluating and communicating the latest data on this unique environment;
- Community capacity building;
For many years there has been discussion about a broad, hard topped, shared cycle and walking path along this coastal section.
While most of us understand that the land is not ours and shared bike paths maybe popular with some people, the damage to the very fragile coastline, flora and fauna is something that concerns us greatly.
CEPG Inc. was incorporated in 2001, after some years operating as a less formal organization. We have about 200 members.
The Coastal Ecology Protection Group Inc. is a not-for-profit charity registered with the ACNC and the ATO.
If you woud like to make a DONATION, please contact us on the email below.
Contact Details: CEPG Inc.
P.O. Box 8038
GRANGE SA 5022